Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Adventures abound!

I have decided that I'm going to attempt cleaning and re-oiling my old White sewing machine. It's old, probably never been serviced, and I had shelved it when I got my fancy new Brother, but it's getting to the point where having two dedicated work machines would be nice.

So, I dragged it down out of the closet, removed the dust cover, and started to take the housing off....

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tan Lolita Skirt

Project Title : Basic Tan Skirt
Short Project Description: I was finally able to go out and get the materials I needed, so I can start on this tomorrow.
Projected Deadline: End of the month at the latest, but it probably won't take that long.
Pattern(s) Used:  None. It's just a basic rectangle and waistband skirt.
Materials needed: I'm going to be using up some tan Egyptian cotton sateen and tea-dyed eyelet lace that I've had sitting in my stash for a while now.



The Huntress

Meet Huntress:


Urban Decay - Concept sketch

Urban Decay- Inspired by the 18th century silhouette, with a bodice of rust velvet and white lace, a fringed bolero of pea-and-dryer-lint green, and a skirt of book pages, newspaper, tattered pink silk gauze, and black garbage bags.


I need to get the foundation garments completed. I have the pocket hoops mostly completed, they're just waiting on a waist band, and the corset is cut out. 

Other than that, I have the bolero done, and I'm slowly amassing scraps of paper and plastic for the skirt.

Blue Organza Petticoat

Another transplant:


Project Title : Blue Organza Petticoat
Short Project Description: I just got my ruffler foot in the mail, and I need to get rid of some organza that's taking up space in my fabric stash, so I'm going to test it out. I'll also do a short review of the ruffler foot once I'm done.
Projected Deadline: Hopefully by the end of the week, if I can stop being a derpface.
Pattern(s) Used:  None. Just going off my waist measurement.
Materials needed:  I've got everything I need, as this is a stash-buster sort of project.
Challenges or obstacles :  Organza is terrible, and I've never used a ruffler foot before. I also derped through part of it already and sewed the wrong tiers together, so I'm unpicking four yards of stitching right now.  x_x;

I'm also trying to avoid buying more stuff for this, so it's going to have multiple colored threads for the stitching instead of matching thread like you're supposed to. Wooo, I'm cheap.


Lady Bluebird

Another transplant from my old blog:

The Lady Bluebird costume for Norwescon 34.

Pirate Chest Purse

Reposting from my old blog. It's been a while, but I wanted to upload these before I forgot about them again. Prototype for a pirate chest style purse that I'm eventually going to make.

New blog

After losing my actual domain name, I'm restarting my blog here. Trying to get back into the swing of things.