Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Urban Decay - The Corset Part 2

Got the grommets in today. It could have gone better, but the kit I picked up wasn't all that great, and the punch that came with it was dull.  The part of the corset that has the grommets is reinforced with a strip of the same sort of web belting that you use to make car seatbelts, so it should be plenty sturdy enough.

I did, however, enlist the help of my boyfriend to help me set the grommets.



I'm currently wearing it, trying to judge how comfortable it is, and see if there's anything I need to change. So far, I think that the biggest thing that I need to do differently is to get some steel boning for the back by the laces, since the cable ties just aren't strong enough to keep everything straight back there.

More pictures after the jump...


As you can see, the corset pattern did a pretty decent job of giving me a conical upper torso, and the boned tabs do a really good job of keeping the corset from digging into my waist. 


 You can see how the cable ties have distorted in the back here. It's also sitting slightly crooked, but that might be because I was trying to get a good shot of the back. I'll see how it's doing after I've worn it for a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment